Skinny Keto Peanut Butter Mousse. An instant treat with 3g carbs and reduced calories.
This super flavoursome mousse is ready to serve in 5 minutes, with just 5 ingredients. And it is less cloying and heavy than any other keto peanut butter mousse you may have tried. By swapping cream cheese or mascarpone with Quark, and whipping cream instead of double (heavy) cream, you can have the ultimate, fastest, healthiest, low-carb dessert.
Not keen on peanut butter? No problem! Use any other seed or nut butter and get the flavour you prefer.
How to Make Skinny Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
Quark 0% fat cheese is available in every supermarket. This reduced fat option contains very few calories and works like a charm. Not too dense, not too fluid.
Using whipping cream instead of double cream means that your mousse won’t be as firm. But I find the consistency to be just right.
The Whole Earth smooth peanut butter I buy is very dense, almost solid. This helps with the mousse consistency. If you use a different peanut butter brand (or other nut/seed butter), make sure to stir in the surface oil thoroughly, or you’ll end up with a cream, rather than a mousse.
As for sweetener, I use my own home-made Icing Sugar, which contains just the right amount of sweetness and bulk to help firm up the mousse. But you can use any sweetener you like, as long as it’s powdered and preferably erythritol-based, because erythritol helps to firm up the mousse.
A little vanilla extract completes the list of ingredients.
Once you’ve whipped the cream to very stiff peaks, all you have to do is fold it gently into the peanut butter + Quark + sweetener + vanilla mix. Then all that is left to do is to spoon it into small serving bowls or glasses. Or transfer it to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle to create a swirl effect.
For visual embellishment and extra crunch, you can optionally sprinkle the mousse with some sugar-free chocolate strands, grated dark chocolate, or some biscuit crumbs. Check out my low-calorie Olive Oil Biscuits, for a truly delicious, simple and crispy option.
I absolutely adore this Skinny Keto Peanut Butter Mousse, but I can’t wait to hear YOUR verdict.
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Skinny Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- 120 g Quark - fat free, whey liquid discarded
- 60 g smooth peanut butter (U.S. option HERE)
- 25 g icing 'sugar' (U.S. option HERE)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (U.S. option HERE)
- 120 g whipping cream
- drain the liquid whey from Quark.120 g Quark
- put the Quark, peanut butter, icing 'sugar', and vanilla extract in a glass mixing bowl, then stir with a fork to achieve a paste.60 g smooth peanut butter, 25 g icing 'sugar', ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- in a separate bowl, whisk whipping cream until very firm, then fold it gently into the Quark mixture using a flexible silicone spatula.120 g whipping cream
- fill your serving pots or shot glasses using a piping bag with star nozzle.
- (optional) for added texture, top with biscuit crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, or grated chocolate.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.