Ketosis Tips & Tricks to increase production of ketones: my favourite 10
Once you start the keto diet, you feel so good that it soon becomes a lifestyle and you start looking at healthier products, natural ingredients, grow-your-own food, and super-foods alternatives. You think you’re doing everything right and you’re happy about your success.
Then, one day, you test your ketones and you find that you’re in a low range. Same next day. And the day after. One month later your weight still isn’t shifting in the right direction.
Can’t think why? Read my tips and tricks below and you may just find an answer you didn’t expect.
But first thing first: Have you checked the exact amount of calories, carbs, fats and proteins you need? Use this great macro calculator and you’ll be sure to know the parameters for your goals.
- Increase your good fat intake by adding 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or MCT oil to every coffee or tea you drink.
- Add a teaspoon or more of chia seeds to everything you eat and you will feel more satiated, without adding too many calories.
- Avoid gluconeogenesis, by eating protein in moderation. If you exceed your threshold, your liver will create glucose from proteins.
- Eat only when you’re hungry. Eating 3 meals a day is just a cultural habit.
- Use ketone test strips or a breath ketones analyser, to check your ketones production is adequate.
- Don’t be tempted to eat low-carb AND low-fat foods. Huge mistake and potentially harmful.
- Intermittent Fasting (IF) is beneficial and highly recommended. Eat within a set 4-8 hour window, and fast outside those times.
- Choose fatty cuts of meats. Forget lean meats altogether.
- Watch out for hidden carbs in packaged food. Always check the label for carb content and hidden sugars.
- Variation is key to success. Don’t be tempted to just eat bacon and eggs all the time. If you’re stuck for ideas, look for help online. There are plenty of resources to help you find new and interesting meals.
Do you have any tips & tricks not listed here?
If so, don’t be shy! Send me YOUR ideas and I will be happy to publish them (with full credits to you, of course!)
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Votes: