Sugar Free Orange Amaretti BonBons. DAIRY-FREE, almost ZERO CARBS and just 15 CALORIES each.
These soft morsels of goodness are simply perfect as a keto treat, as a party offering, or as an addition to your Christmas table.
Yes, I know, it’s not even Autumn yet, but like it or not we’re heading towards the festive season and it will arrive before you know it. So why not save this recipe idea and impress your guests or hosts with practically zero effort.
How to Make Sugar Free Orange Amaretti BonBons
One bowl and an electric whisk are all the tools you need.
Egg whites (up to 3 days old), fine almond flour, coconut flour, and sweeteners are essential. You can either stick with orange flavouring, swap it for something else, or omit it altogether.
The sugar-free sprinkles are also optional, but they do prettify the bonbons and make them more appealing. A dusting of icing ‘sugar’ or cocoa powder would be just fine if sprinkles aren’t your thing or you cannot get sugar-free ones.
The ridiculously easy method: whip up your egg whites, add extract and whip again for another 3-4 seconds. Tip in sweeteners and flours and mix with a fork. Knead and shape into a log. Divide the log into 16 small sections, then roll each one into a ball and coat with sprinkles. Bake and let cool.
These yummy bonbons will last for up to 1 week if wrapped in cling film and refrigerated (to stop them drying). So whatever occasion you’re planning, you can get these done and out of the way until you need them. And remember… less than 1g carbs for 3 of them!
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
SUGAR FREE ORANGE AMARETTI BONBONS
- 2 large egg whites - 80g
- 40 g defatted fine almond flour - defatted (U.S. option HERE)
- 20 g coconut flour (U.S. option HERE)
- ¾ tsp orange extract (U.S. option HERE)
- 40 g erythritol (U.S. option HERE)
- ½ tsp pure stevia powder (U.S. option HERE)
- sugar-free rainbow sprinkles (U.S. option HERE)
- sugar-free chocolate sprinkles (U.S. option HERE)
- pre-heat oven to 180ºC static.
- pour some sugar-free rainbow sprinkles in a small bowl and sugar-free chocolate sprinkles in another.sugar-free rainbow sprinkles, sugar-free chocolate sprinkles
- whisk egg white until firm, incorporate orange extract, then flours and sweeteners, and stir to incorporate everything well.2 large egg whites, 40 g defatted fine almond flour, ¾ tsp orange extract, 40 g erythritol, ½ tsp pure stevia powder, 20 g coconut flour
- shape the dough into a log and slice half-way across, then cut each segment in half, and repeat until you have 16 pieces.
- create balls by rolling each piece between your palms.
- dip balls into sprinkles, pressing and rolling until each one is well coated, and place them on a sheet of parchment paper over an oven rack.
- bake 15 mins, open oven door, and leave in situ for 10 mins before removing and allowing the bonbons to cool completely.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.