Keto Multi Protein Yoghurt Bread. Just 0.3g carbs per slice. Not stodgy. Definitely not eggy.
This NUT-FREE and COCONUT-FREE bread loaf isn’t just ULTRA LOW-CARB but also LOW in CALORIES, HIGH in PROTEIN and full of HEALTHY INGREDIENTS. So you know you’re on a winner with this one. And if all that wasn’t enough, it is also super simple to make.
Despite its simplicity and no yeast, it rises well, too. But make sure to use a small loaf baking mould. Silicone is perfect and easier because it doesn’t need greasing or lining with baking paper.
Ingredients for Keto Multi Protein Yoghurt Bread
Here are the ingredients you will need:
Eggs. Large size (net weight without shell 225g).
Yoghurt. Preferably Greek, because it is a strained-type, so it contains less lactose and therefore fewer carbs. I find that Fage 0% fat is great. But of course you can choose whichever yoghurt type you prefer.
Whey Protein Isolate and Pea Protein. The whey isolate helps the keto bread rise and adds to the light texture. If you want to use other protein powders, or different combinations, it will be OK, although the outcome will likely be different.
Psyllium Husk. It has to be powdered and fine. If you use a coarse type, you may well end up disappointed with the result.
Salt, baking powder and apple cider vinegar are the only other ingredients. It is best to sift the baking powder, so the bread rises uniformly.
The method is pretty simple, with no kneading or waiting.
Combine yoghurt, salt and vinegar, incorporate eggs one at a time, throw in the protein powders and psyllium, pour the batter into a small loaf mould and it’s ready to go in your pre-heated oven.
40-45 mins later, you’ll have a tasty, healthy, clean keto bread loaf for the whole family to enjoy.
N.B. Don’t worry if your bread displays purple-y spots. This is down to the psyllium and doesn’t affect the quality or taste in any way.
I hope you like it as much as I do!
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Multi Protein Yoghurt Bread
- 4 large eggs - 230g weight without shell
- 120 g Greek Yoghurt - I use Fage 0% fat
- 25 g whey protein isolate (U.S. option HERE)
- 20 g pea protein (U.S. option HERE)
- 15 g fine psyllium husk powder (U.S. option HERE)
- ¼ tsp fine himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- 2 tsp baking powder - sifted
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (U.S. option HERE)
- pre-heat oven to 160ºC static.
- put the yoghurt into a large mixing bowl, add salt and vinegar, then beat in whole eggs one at a time ensuring each one is well incorporated before adding the next.120 g Greek Yoghurt, ¼ tsp fine himalayan pink salt, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 4 large eggs
- whisk using an electric tool until the mixture is light and frothy.
- in a separate small bowl, weigh, combine and stir dry ingredients, then tip them into the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.25 g whey protein isolate, 20 g pea protein, 15 g fine psyllium husk powder, 2 tsp baking powder
- pour into a SMALL loaf mould (else you may not get a rise) and bake for 45 minutes.
- at the end of baking time, remove from oven and immediately un-mould.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.