Keto Cucumber & Lime Ice Lollies (POPSICLES). Just 5 calories and less than 1g carb each!!!! They’re Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, super refreshing, and utterly delicious.
You won’t find a better way to fix a sweet craving and cool you down on a hot summer’s day. And you’ll be pleasantly surprised with their texture. No rock-hard block of ice here, my friends. They contain a magic but every-day ingredient which means you can bite into them straight out of the freezer, no matter how long they’ve been there!
How to Make Keto Cucumber & Lime Ice Lollies (POPSICLES)
An English cucumber (or similar, long, skinny, dark and thin skinned cucumber), 2 limes, water, sweetener and beef gelatine are all the ingredients you need. I prefer powder gelatine, but sheet gelatine (maybe half a sheet) would work just as well. In terms of sweeteners, I use allulose because it enhances the softer texture of the lollies, plus it doesn’t crystallise like erythritol does. I also add pure stevia for a sweet boost. If you decide to use erythritol instead of allulose, make sure it’s powdered.
Put the water in a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Leave for a few minutes to bloom, then add sweeteners and place over high heat whilst stirring. When steaming hot (but not boiling), remove from heat source and set aside to cool down. To speed up the cooling process, you can transfer the liquid to a chilled (shock-proof) glass. Pop it in the fridge (or freezer) while you move on to the next step.
Top and tail the cucumber. Leave the skin on so that your lollies will be a lovely green colour and retain nutrients. Use your juicing machine to extract 200g juice.
No Juicer? No problem.
Here’s how to juice with the manual method.
Shred the cucumber using a large-hole grater lined with a muslin cheese cloth, wrap the shreds and squeeze. Keep squeezing over and over until you obtain the correct quantity of juice. It is a bit of a hand work-out. But that’s the hardest part over.
Next, grate the zest of the limes, then cut them in half and squeeze the juice over a sieve to catch any pips. Add both to the cucumber juice and transfer it to the fridge.
Finally, stir the liquid into the cucumber & lime juice, fill your silicone lolly mould and pop it in the freezer.
TIP: To avoid spilling any liquid as you move the mould to the freezer, place it over a chopping board BEFORE you fill the cavities.
That’s all there is to it.
Wait until the lollies are completely frozen, squeeze them out of the moulds (warm hands will help) and bite into them straight away.
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Cucumber & Lime Ice Lollies
- pour water into a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatine over the top.230 g water, 1 tsp beef gelatine
- wait a few minutes for the gelatine to bloom, then add sweeteners and place over high heat.60 g allulose, 1 tsp pure stevia powder
- stir often to help the allulose dissolve, and remove from heat when steaming hot (don't let it reach simmering or boiling point).
- set the liquid aside to cool and then place it in the fridge - you can speed this up by transferring the hot liquid to a pre-chilled, shock-proof drinking glass or similar.
- use a juicer to extract 200g cucumber juice.1 English cucumber
- add to this the grated zest of both limes, as well as their juice (40g).2 limes
- freeze the lollies until solid.
- warm your hands to squeeze the lollies out easily, and store them in a freezer-proof container or enjoy right away.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.