Keto Mixed Veg Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry. Just 6.5g carbs in this deliciously healthy ‘rice’.
It’s a Low-Calorie Keto side dish full of healthy goodness and lovely flavours. And it’s as great re-heated as it is when just cooked.
Serve it hot alongside your chicken, steak, ribs, or whatever meat-based main course you intend to cook. Or on its own, as a vegan – but still keto – option. And with the beautiful weather literally begging us to dust off the barbeque, why not enjoy it cold (well, room temperature, rather than chilled) next to your burgers, sausages, fish or other protein delights you fancy rustling up.
How to Make Keto Mixed Veg Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
First of all, clean and trim the pepper, then weigh what you need, and dice it into small cubes or slices.
Top and tail the green beans, weigh them, cut them into thirds and boil them in salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
If using frozen garden peas, you can add them to the green beans so they cook together. Skip if using fresh garden peas.
Yes I know that baby corn is a bit carb-high, but you only need about 4, and remember the overall carb-count of a meal is what’s important, not what’s in it. I add baby corn for the additional flavour and crunch, plus it makes the dish look pretty. As they say, you eat with your eyes as well as your mouth. So, unless you decide that baby corn is not worth the 0.85g carbs per serving, slice them and set them aside.
Next, mince shallot and garlic, soften them in a wok or large pan for 2-3 minutes, then throw in the cauliflower rice, straight out of the freezer.
Never defrost frozen cauli rice, as it will release a lot of moisture and make whatever you’re cooking very, very soggy.
Of course you can rice a fresh cauliflower yourself if you prefer. I don’t. Too messy.
You want to cook the cauliflower rice on high heat, stirring often to allow moisture to escape. 5 minutes later, add all veggies, stock cube, seasoning and spices. Carry on cooking and stirring regularly, until you hear it crackling. At that point, you can take it off the heat and leave it to cool slightly and release yet more steam.
Mission accomplie, mesdames et messieurs. Bon appétit!
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Mixed Veg Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
- 70 g red pepper - 1/2 small pepper
- 60 g peas
- 40 g baby corn - about 4
- 60 g green beans
- 450 g cauliflower rice - frozen is best - you can also use freshly grated cauliflower, but not from the shop's chiller
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil
- ½ stock cube - beef, chicken or veggie stock cube (crumbed)
- ¾ tsp fine himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 sprinkle white or black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- slice and dice pepper into small cubes.70 g red pepper
- top and tail green beans, cut them into thirds, boil them (together with peas if using frozen) for 2 minutes in salted water, drain and set aside; see Recipe Notes below.60 g green beans, 60 g peas
- slice baby corn.40 g baby corn
- chop or mince garlic and shallot, then add them to a wok or similar pan, together with the oil; simmer over gentle heat for 2-3 minutes to soften, then tip in cauliflower rice straight out of the freezer, turn heat up to high and stir.1 clove garlic, 1 shallot, 25 g extra virgin olive oil, 450 g cauliflower rice
- when cauliflower rice has cooked for 5 minutes and softened throughout (you need to stir almost constantly to help the moisture escape) add everything else and keep cooking for another 10-12 minutes or so, on high heat and stirring regularly; to avoid ending up with soggy 'rice', keep cooking and stirring until you hear it crackling.½ stock cube, ¾ tsp fine himalayan pink salt, 1 sprinkle white or black pepper, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- taste, adjust seasoning, and set aside to cool slightly and release yet more steam, before serving with your favourite meat or fish.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.