Easy Keto Creamed Broccoli Soup is a simple but tasty lunch or starter option. 5g net carbs.
With just 2 main ingredients and a little bit of seasoning, you can whip up this luxurious soup and enjoy it in minutes.
Clean keto living doesn’t need to be boring. Nor does it need to be expensive. It certainly doesn’t have to be complicated. When something as delicious as this is possible, there really is no excuse for tinned food or ready-meals. Even if they have the ‘keto‘ or ‘low-carb’ tag. Because they’re most likely either a con or full of unhealthy additives.
You’ve probably already guessed that broccoli and cream are the star ingredients here… hehe. And I guess you’re thinking that those two cannot possibly create an interesting dish. OK. I totally understand the cynicism. But I have secret weapons…hehe. Stick with me and you’ll get to taste the best soup ever.
How To Make Easy Keto Creamed Broccoli Soup in just a Few Simple Steps
Begin the difficult bit. Cut the florets away from the stalks and put them in a saucepan. End of difficult bit… hehe.
Next, the easy bit. Boil the veggies until well cooked. Drain. Add my secret weapons , i.e. the specified seasoning. Whizz to a purée, then incorporate the cream.
Finally, re-heat. Job done.
Now. For extra oomph, serve with keto croutons. You can make your own using my easy keto bread, sliced and cut into cubes and toasted until crisp. Or any low-carb bread you prefer. Alternatively, you could also add a sprinkle of chopped crispy bacon or pancetta. Or how about some Serious Pig Crunchy Cheese Crisps (made by Italian company Granarolo – click HERE for U.S. link to the variety pack). I believe Whisps (U.S.) are similar.
Naked or with toppings, it’ll be delicious and wholesome.
- Yield: 2
- Serving: ½ (160g)
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 20g
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- 200g fresh broccoli florets (net weight - stalks discarded)
- 100g whipping cream (about 35% fat)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 TBSP fine Himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- sprinkle of white or black pepper (finely ground)
- 1 tsp organic broth granules (or ½ stock cube - crumbed and dissolved into a little hot water)
- put the florets in a pot, add enough water to submerge, then stir in bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- bring to a fast boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- using a slotted ladle, lift the florets from the water and transfer them to a Pyrex glass mixing bowl (or similar).
- add spices and broth granules; blitz with an immersion (stick) blender (U.S. option HERE) until you obtain a smooth purée.
- stir in cream; taste, adjust seasoning and salt if necessary, and re-heat.
- pour into serving dishes and enjoy.
1) My favourite: crispy croutons made from a keto bread such as my Amazing Protein Loaf.
2) Crunchy bacon or pancetta pieces.
3) Cheese crisps. In the U.K. you have Serious Pig or Granarolo. In the U.S. Whisps are very popular, but THIS super tasty Italian alternative is also available.
The only way to ensure accurate measurement of ingredients is with Metric Kitchen Scales. Click HERE for the ones I use, or HERE for U.S. alternative.