No Sugar & No Flour Keto Thumbprint Cookies. 1g carbs. EGG-FREE and COCONUT FREE.
Oh my word. These biscuits are absolutely scrumptious. Crispy, crumbly, buttery and suuuper simple.
The star ingredient is roasted ground hazelnuts, which I truly adore. But if you’re not a fan of hazelnuts, you can use whatever floats your boat. Any ground nuts or seeds that are keto-friendly will work just fine.
Can’t be bothered with the thumbprint and filling? No problem. Bake them in whatever shape you want and enjoy them plain. Or maybe you’d like them drizzled with chocolate. Your bake, your choice!
How to Make No Sugar & No Flour Keto Thumbprint Cookies
The only ingredients you need are roasted ground hazelnuts (or other nuts/seeds of your choice), unsalted butter, sweeteners, vanilla extract and a bit of oat fibre.
Start off by putting the softened butter (not melted) in a large mixing bowl over your scales. Add everything else and stir with a fork. Knead the mixture a little by hand and form an oblong. The mixture will be very sticky, so be prepared to scrape it off your hands using the back of a knife or similar.
If you want to be precise, weigh it, and divide by 10 so you know how much you need for each biscuit. Place non-stick baking paper over a chopping board. Take 1/10th of dough and roll it between your palms. Place it on the chopping board, flatten it to about 1.5-2cm and make a central depression with your thumb or the back of 1/2 tsp measure. Repeat for the other 9 biscuits.
Now transfer the board to the fridge and let the biscuits chill for 1 hour. You want to do this because they need to be completely cold as they go in the oven, otherwise they’ll spread out with the heat. They will still expand a little, so make sure you allow a bit of distance between them.
20 minutes later, take them out of the oven, wait 5 minutes and re-thumb (new word!) the centres. Let cool then fill with QK Nut.Ella or chocolate/nut/other filling of your choice.
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
No Sugar & No Flour Keto Thumbprint Cookies
- 150 g roasted ground hazelnuts (U.S. option HERE) if out of stock (UK), Sainsbury's ground hazelnuts taste great (Italian produce)
- 70 g unsalted butter - softened
- 40 g erythritol (U.S. option HERE)
- ¼ tsp pure stevia powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (U.S. option HERE)
- 10 g oat fibre (U.S. option HERE)
- 45 g QK Nutella - recipe HERE
- mix everything with a fork intially, then using your hand, turning and squeezing until a dough forms.
- weigh and divide by 10 so you know how much each cookie dough should weigh.
- take a chunk of dough that's equal to that 1/10th weight, roll it between your palms and place it on a chopping board lined with grease-proof paper.
- repeat until you've used all the dough; press your thumb in the centre of each one to create a depression - you can use the back of a ½ teaspoon measure if you prefer.
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- pre- heat oven to 160°C static.
- transfer the cookies to an oven rack lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 mins , until they just begin to turn darker in places.
- remove from oven immediately, wait 5 minutes or so for the cookies to cool and firm up a little, and re-press the centre indent if it lost its definition in the oven heat.
- fill the centre with QK Nut.Ella and leave to cool completely.
You can replace roasted ground hazelnuts with any ground nuts or seeds of your choice.
They are just as good plain and simple. Macros for plain biscuits: Kcal 156; F 16g; TC 3.35 (f 2.25) NC 1.1g; P 2g. Unless otherwise indicated, use Metric Kitchen Scales to measure ingredients accurately (U.S. option HERE).
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.