Keto Sugar Free Carrot Cake Doughnuts. 2g carbs of pure yummyliciousness.
Love carrot cake? Then you’ll love these easy doughnuts. Not a fan of carrot cake? Try them anyway. You might find yourself admitting that they’re actually pretty good.
Not only do they taste incredible, but they’re healthy, very low carb and not excessively high in fat. And they’re baked, not fried, so there’s less faff and no oil splattering or cleaning involved.
How to Make Keto Sugar Free Carrot Cake Doughnuts
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
There’s no lemon in these beautifully tasty doughnuts, but there is real carrot.
No need to raise eyebrows, mind you. Despite what you may have read elsewhere, a bit of carrot isn’t going to push you out of ketosis. You only need 60g of carrot, which, divided between 6 doughnuts, is 10g each. 10g of carrot is equivalent to 0.6g of carbohydrates (quadram UK foods database). So of course you can enjoy REAL CARROT. Even on keto.
Whisk eggs, weigh and add dry ingredients, whisk again briefly. Combine chopped pecans and shredded carrot, spoon into a standard 6-hole muffin silicone mould and bake.
While you’re waiting for the oven to do its magic, you can mix the topping.
Soften the butter a little, manually whisk in icing sweetener, then add cream cheese straight out of the fridge. That’s it. Cover the bowl with cling film and keep it chilled until you’re ready to spread it, pipe it, or slap it onto your cooled doughnuts.
So easy and so amazing. Enjoy!
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Sugar Free Carrot Cake Doughnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp orange extract (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 pinch fine Himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder - 3g fine powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 40 g ground almonds (U.S. option HERE)
- 20 g whey protein isolate (U.S. option HERE)
- 2 tsp baking powder - sifted
- 30 g erythritol (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp pure stevia powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 60 g carrot - net weight, peeled and shredded
- 25 g pecans - chopped (U.S. option HERE)
To make the doughnuts:
- pre-heat oven to 180°C static.
- using an electric whisk, beat eggs until foamy, then add oil, salt and orange extract.2 large eggs, 30 g extra virgin olive oil, 1 pinch fine Himalayan pink salt, 1 tsp orange extract
- add sweeteners and whisk, then add remaining ingredients and whisk once more to combine well, then finally fold in grated carrot and chopped pecans.½ tsp ground cinnamon, ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp psyllium husk powder, 40 g ground almonds, 20 g whey protein isolate, 2 tsp baking powder, 30 g erythritol, 1 tsp pure stevia powder, 25 g pecans, 60 g carrot
- use a teaspoon to fill a 6-hole standard doughnut silicone mould, using all the batter.
- bake for 18 minutes, open oven door and leave in situ for 2 minutes before removing and leaving to cool without unmoulding.
To make the topping:
- soften butter and beat it with icing 'sugar' and a few drops of vanilla to achieve a smooth paste; add cream cheese and beat until smooth.60 g full-fat cream cheese, 30 g unsalted butter, 15 g Sukrin icing 'sugar', vanilla extract
- once doughnuts are totally cold, pipe or spread the creamy topping over them.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.