Keto Dairy-Free & Nut-Free Coffee Cookies are impossibly good and just perfect for dunking.
3 cookies = 1g net carbs and only 173 calories.
If you’re a coffee and biscuits for breakfast person, I dedicate this recipe to you ♠
No nut flours. No butter. And there’s more good news: you only need one mixing bowl. No electrical tools, either. You simply mix the cookie dough using a manual balloon whisk and a fork. It’s a seriously easy recipe with minimal effort and minimal clearing up to do.
Ingredients for Keto Dairy-Free & Nut-Free Coffee Cookies
An egg, a fresh coffee brew, some instant (soluble) coffee granules or powder, keto-friendly sweeteners, MCT oil and coconut flour. Plus a tiny bit of cocoa. That’s it.
No MCT oil? No problem, you can use high-oleic cold-pressed sunflower oil.
Hate coconut taste? You won’t detect any coconut in these delicious treats. I promise.
Coffee is obviously the main star. If you have an espresso coffee maker (U.S. option HERE), great. If not, brew the strongest coffee you can and you’ll be fine. You could even stop by your Costa/Starbucks/CaffeNero for some take-away strong black espresso coffee.
There are no tips or tricks to achieving a perfect result. It’s a pretty fail-proof recipe. Just mix everything, shape and bake. Couldn’t be simpler. Or faster.
If you prefer European-style biscuits, rather than soft cookies, bake them, let them become completely cold and bake them again at 100°C fan for another 10-15 minutes.
Follow the recipe and you’ll be dunking in no time, savouring your clean keto cookies, and wondering how life can possibly get any better…
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Serving: 3 cookies
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 15g
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 3.5g
- 1 large egg (55g without shell)
- 40ml freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- 3g (1 heaped tsp) soluble coffee granules
- 50g erythritol (U.S. option HERE)
- ¼ tsp pure stevia powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 50g MCT oil (U.S. option HERE)
- 40g fine coconut flour (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp unsweetened dark cocoa (U.S. option HERE)
- stir instant coffee into the freshly brewed coffee until fully dissolved and leave to cool.
- crack the whole egg into a medium mixing bowl, add MCT oil and coffee; combine with a manual whisk, then incorporate sweeteners, coconut flour and cocoa using a fork.
- leave to rest for a few minutes - enough time to clear up the mess you made 😀 , pre-heat the oven to 180°C static, and lay a sheet of non-stick parchment paper over an oven rack.
- using food-grade disposable gloves (U.S. option HERE), scoop a heaped TBSP of cookie dough and roll it between your palms to form an oblong, place it on the parchment paper and flatten it delicately to about 5mm while shaping it to a coffee-bean shape; repeat until you’ve used all the dough - you should obtain 12 cookies.
- after you've formed all the cookies, make an indent in each using a skewer or cocktail stick.
- bake for 20 mins, then turn oven off, open the door and leave in situ until completely cooled.
You can replace the MCT oil for high-oleic cold-pressed sunflower oil (U.S. option HERE).
The only way to ensure accurate measurement of ingredients is with Metric Kitchen Scales (U.S. option HERE).
I value your feedback! Please leave a comment below. And if you can, please share a photo of your masterpiece on social media with the hashtag #queenketo. Thank you!♥