Zero-Carb Carnivore | Sour Gummies are quick and easy to make at home.
Whether you’re keto/low-carb and just want zero-carb gummies, or your carnivore lifestyle is leaving you wanting a little sweet treat now and then, or you want to help repair a leaky gut, this recipe is for you.
How to Make Zero-Carb Carnivore | Sour Gummies
A few basic ingredients and a little time is all that is required to transform your favourite tea into yummy gummies.
1) Make tea. Fruity or spicy tea bags work best. But whatever floats your boat will be just fine.
2) Dissolve a little stevia powder (totally optional, by the way) and collagen peptides into it (again, optional, but so good for skin, hair, joints and digestion – why leave it out?).
3) Let the liquid cool to room temperature.
4) Add the gelatine, stir and wait for it to bloom 20-30 minutes.
5) Re-heat gently to liquefy the gelatine. I do this step in the microwave: 800w power, 1 min, stir, 30 sec.
6) Stir in some food grade citric acid. It’s my favourite multi-purpose ingredient around the house: great for sour treats and brilliant as a fabric softener – my sparkling clean washer/dryer is very grateful… I urge you NOT to omit this one. It is THE key ingredient that gives them the wow factor.
7) Pour into chocolate moulds. Or use a square-ish glass vessel lined with cling film.
8) Chill until solid.
If you wish, you could add some colour by steeping dried butterfly pea flowers (or powder) into the tea. It won’t affect the flavour at all. Just remember that blue will turn to lilac/mauve/pink once you add citric acid.
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Zero-Carb Carnivore | Sour Gummies
- 275 ml water
- 2 tea bags of any kind as long as they're unsweetened / zero-carb
- 30 g beef gelatine powder - 250 bloom (or 40g using 240 bloom) (U.S. option HERE)
- 10 g collagen peptides powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp pure stevia powder - increase/reduce to your liking, or omit if you don’t want added sweetness (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp citric acid powder (U.S. option HERE)
- put tea bags into 150 ml freshly boiled water and leave them to steep; best use a glass spouted jug.
- strain the tea bags, add collagen and stevia, and stir until dissolved.2 tea bags of any kind, 10 g collagen peptides powder, 1 tsp pure stevia powder
- top up with cold water to the 275 ml mark on your jug, then stir in gelatine and allow it to bloom for 20-30 minutes; you want it to be quite dense.275 ml water, 30 g beef gelatine powder
- re-heat, stirring often, until the mixture liquefies (DO NOT allow it to reach simmering or boiling point) - I do this in the microwave, 800W power, 60 seconds then 30 seconds.
- stir in citric acid just before you pour into chocolate moulds, or ice cube tray, or a square dish lined with cling film.1 tsp citric acid powder
- chill until solid (about 30 mins depending on fridge temperature and mould size) before popping the gummies out (or cutting the block into cubes).
- keep refrigerated.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.