Sugar Free Valentine Love Muffins. 2g carbs and super simple.
It’s been scientifically proven (hehe) that the way to a loved one’s heart is through their stomach. And Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. So why not show that special someone how much you love them, with these gorgeous keto treats.
My easy-to-follow recipe transforms plain muffins into scrumptious mini cakes layered with a luscious filling and topped with the same.
Decorate them with a dusting of raspberry powder, some berries, or chocolate shavings. Or – if you fancy being really romantic – how about some edible rose petals. It will be impossible for your Valentine not be impressed.
How To Make Sugar Free Valentine Love Muffins
For the muffins, you just need quark cheese (or ricotta), eggs, a neutral-tasting oil, vanilla extract and some food colouring. I use high-oleic cold-pressed organic sunflower oil, because of its lightness and neutral flavour. It’s very low in Omega 6 PUFAs – way lower than all the other vegetable oils, including olive oil. Which makes it a healthier choice (you can find a nice table that compares vegetable oils HERE). You could use MCT oil instead, but the muffins won’t be as fluffy, as it’s a heavier oil. I do not recommend real Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it’s also heavy, plus highly aromatic.
Tip the Keto MagiCake™ Mix | ORIGINAL into a bowl and give it a stir. Weigh the amount needed, mix with liquids, and bake. That’s it! The other half can be returned to its pouch for future use.
My 6-hearts silicone baking mould is pretty inexpensive and works like a dream. No need to grease or line anything. The muffins bake to perfection and pop out effortlessly.
The filling/topping is a breeze. Whip quark with a little sweetener and vanilla until smooth and paste-like. Pour in the whipping cream and whip until firm and you see deep trails left behind by the whisk blades. For the same carb content, you can use ricotta instead of quark, as long as you don’t mind double the calories and more fat.
Let the muffins cool thoroughly, then slice them horizontally and add your filling in between and over the top of each one.
Now you have options. You could dust your finished muffins with some raspberry powder, sprinkle some edible rose petals, add some berries, or even some grated chocolate.
The recipe makes 6 love muffins. One each is plenty. In my opinion. I may be wrong (hehe).
Keep the rest covered and refrigerated, and you’ll have two extra days of enjoyment out of them.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Sugar Free Valentine Love Muffins
Filling and Topping
- pre-heat oven to 170°C static.
- beat quark to make it smooth and creamy; then whisk in eggs, one at a time, ensuring each one is well incorporated before adding the next one.
- add oil, water, vanilla extract and red food colouring, a little at a time, until you achieve the desired hue.
- tip the MagiCake™ Mix into a bowl and give it a really good stir; add 87g to the egg mixture; use a manual balloon whisk to combine.
- fill your silicone moulds and smooth the tops with a wet teaspoon.
- bake for 25-30 mins (check with a skewer); turn off oven, open door and leave in situ 5 mins.
- remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool completely before popping them out of the mould.
Make the Filling/Topping
- whip quark, icing 'sugar' and vanilla extract to a smooth paste.
- add cream and continue to whip until firm (deep trails will form).
Assemble and Decorate
- when the muffins are totally cold, slice them horizontally, add ½ filling over the bottom halves, sandwich with the top halves, and cover with the remaining cream.
- to prettify your creation, you could use a fork to make swirl lines on the top layer of frosting, or you could add a few sparsely placed drops of red food colouring that you can drag out with a toothpick or skewer to create patterns.
- (optional) lightly dust with dehydrated raspberry powder, edible rose petals, fresh raspberries or chocolate shavings/crumbs.
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.