Keto Sweet Zucchini Bread Loaf. Dairy-Free, Coconut-Free, and 0.5g carbs per fat slice!
A moist and lightly sweetened, super delicious and healthy bread. It is just perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as after-dinner dessert. And it’s an absolute winner in children’s lunch boxes.
If you liked my Savoury Zucchini Loaf and you fancy a sweet version, this is it! Try it plain, or with a topping of your choice.
How to Make Keto Sweet Zucchini Bread Loaf
Begin by shredding the zucchini and squeezing the life out of it. Use a large-hole grater lined with a muslin cloth to catch the shreds. Wrap the zucchini shreds and form a pouch. Over to kitchen sink, wring the pouch and squeeze over and over, shaking the contents from time to time, until no liquid escapes.
Take your time doing this, or you’ll end up with a soggy bake, no matter how long it stays in the oven. Do this step correctly, and you’ll have a moist – not wet, delicious result.
Next, whip the eggs until frothy and pale. Whisk again after adding oil and orange extract, and then after adding sweeteners and then after adding the other dry ingredients. Stir in the shredded zucchini using a spatula. Pour the mixture into a 2lb silicone bread loaf mould and bake.
You can omit the orange extract, but although almost undetectable, I think the loaf tastes nicer with it. On the other hand, if you prefer a strong orange flavour you can use more than what I indicated in the recipe.
The loaf will most certainly deflate once the oven is turned off. To reduce deflation, leave the loaf in situ with the oven door open 45° for 10 minutes, then open the door fully and leave it there until warm. Take it out of the mould and place it on a rack so that residual moisture escapes.
Keep it uncovered, at room temperature and it will stay fresh for a few days (if it lasts that long…). After a few days, best wrap it in cling film and keep it refrigerated, although I very much doubt you’ll have any left…)
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Sweet Zucchini Bread Loaf
- 1 zucchini medium size, 200g
- 4 large eggs
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil (U.S. option HERE)
- 10 drops orange extract (U.S. option HERE)
- 50 g erythritol (U.S. option HERE)
- ½ tsp pure stevia powder (U.S. option HERE)
- 50 g ground almonds (U.S. option HERE)
- 25 g lupin flour (U.S. option HERE)
- 2 tsp fine psyllium husk powder -7g (U.S. option HERE)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (U.S. option HERE)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda (U.S. option HERE)
- shred the zucchini using a large-hole grater, wrap inside a muslin (cheese) cloth and squeeze over and over until no more water escapes; the resulting weight should be 100g - give or take a few grams.1 zucchini
- pre-heat oven to 180 °C static.
- crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, and whip them with an electric whisk until they become pale and foamy.4 large eggs
- add oil + orange extract and whisk again.40 g extra virgin olive oil, 10 drops orange extract
- add sweeteners and whisk again.½ tsp pure stevia powder, 50 g erythritol
- weigh and mix dry ingredients, tip them into the egg bowl and whisk briefly to combine, before adding the zucchini shreds and mixing them in with a spatula.50 g ground almonds, 25 g lupin flour, 2 tsp fine psyllium husk powder, 1 tsp xanthan gum, 2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda
- pour the batter into a 2lb silicone loaf mould, level it lightly, and bake it for 50 mins.
- the minimise deflation, turn off oven and leave the loaf in situ with the oven door open 45°; after 10 mins, open the door fully, leaving the loaf inside until barely warm.
- take the loaf out of the mould and place it on a rack to cool further and allow residual moisture to escape.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.