Keto Sugar Free Golden Milk Ice Cream Lollies are super-easy, taste amazing and contain just 2g net carbs each.
How can anyone resist such a satisfying and refreshing dessert in the midst of a heatwave? These keto lollies (or popsicles for my American friends) are a much needed departure from the usual fruity ones. Velvety-smooth, not icy, palatable, and just perfect for the whole family.
They are extremely simple to make, yet pack a punch of flavour and healthy goodness, with a lovely texture to top it all.
The carbs come almost entirely from the coconut milk. I always try to source the lowest carbs canned coconut milk that I can find. And it’s not easy… the variation in carbs content between brands is staggering!!!! Finding canned coconut milk that is sufficiently keto-friendly seems to be a real mission in the UK. My American friends have better options available – you’re so lucky!!!!
Note that I’ve said canned. You do not want drinking coconut milk, as it won’t make the the ice cream creamy enough, and you’ll end up with ice on sticks.
So, What Exactly is Golden Milk?
In the West, it’s known as golden milk. In Hindi, it is called haldi doodh, which, translated, means turmeric milk. It is basically heated milk with a variety of spices mixed in – the main one being turmeric. That’s the spice that gives golden milk its striking colour.
But of course the purpose of turmeric isn’t to simply add intense colour. This spice has amazing health properties. So much so, that it’s been used world-wide, as a powerful anti-inflammatory, for millennia.
Golden milk is utterly delicious. If you’ve never tried it, you’ve been missing out. So here is your chance to put that right. Taste my Keto Sugar Free Golden Milk Ice Cream Lollies once and you’ll want them time and time again…. 😉
How to Make Keto Sugar Free Golden Milk Ice Cream Lollies
All you have to do is bring the coconut milk, sweetener and vanilla to just below boiling point, mix in the other ingredients, transfer to a glass bowl or jug to cool down, then pour into ice cream lollie moulds. Ridiculously simple!
For the moulds, I prefer silicone, as iI find it easier to slide the lollies out once frozen. Some people find silicone lolly moulds awkward. Here are my tips:
1) Don’t fill right to the top and you’ll avoid overspills. They are sturdy but not firm, so they will wobble a little as you move them into the freezer. 2) To get the lollies out, tilt the mould side-ways and place it under hot running water, or dip it into a bowl of hot water, for a FEW SECONDS. Then gently squeeze each lolly up to release.
THESE are the moulds I use (U.S. option HERE). The capacity is actually 100ml each, but I don’t fill them to the very top, as I like to have a longer piece of stick to hold between my fingers. The lid is designed to hold the sticks in place. With the lid on, you just insert them into each slot and voila’!
Keto Sugar Free Golden Milk Ice Cream Lollies are a great stand-by sweet treat, so you may want to double up the ingredient quantities and get all those lolly moulds filled.
- Yield: 5
- Serving: 1 (80ml)
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 13.5g
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 1.3g
- heat coconut milk with vanilla paste and icing 'sugar', until it starts to simmer, then immediately transfer to 2 bowls dividing the milk equally between them.
- add spices and fibersirup to one of the bowls and whisk briskly until well combined.
- let both milks cool down, then pour the plain one into 5 spaces of a 5-lolly (100ml) mould (U.S. option HERE), so that each space is half-filled.
- insert sticks (U.S. option HERE) and freeze for 2 hours.
- give the spiced milk a last minute stir, top up the half-filled moulds (to 1cm below level) and freeze again until set.
Metric kitchen scales are an inexpensive yet invaluable gadget to ensure accurate measurement of ingredients. Store them upright in a cupboard or over your worktop and they'll only take up a tiny bit of space. Click HERE for the ones I use. For U.S. option click HERE.
Your feedback matters to me! Please leave a comment below. If you try this recipe, make my day and share a photo on social media with the hashtag #queenketo. Thank you! 🙂
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Votes:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!