Keto Mint Chocolate Viscount Cookies. 0.75g carbs each. Nut-Free.
If you close your eyes you’ll think you’re eating Viscount biscuits. Remember those? They’ve been around for many years and are as popular as ever.
But being sugar laden and full of rubbish ingredients – as all mass-produced biscuits are – you’ve probably banished them to the fond memories drawer. My healthy keto option doesn’t imitate the look and texture of Viscount biscuits. But the taste is the same.
For all lovers of mint chocolate, these cookies are truly heaven sent. Have a go. You will not be disappointed.
How to Make Keto Mint Chocolate Viscount Cookies
Make sure to tip the entire contents of the MagiCake™ Original Mix bag into a bowl and stir it thoroughly. Then weigh the amount needed and put the remaining dry mix back into its pouch for another use. You need to do this to make sure the ingredients are well combined, before adding your liquids.
Simply add softened butter, vanilla extract and mint extract to the dry mix, stir and bake. Green food colouring is fun, but entirely optional.
While the cookies are in the oven, melt chocolate and add a little more mint extract.
When the cookies are cold, drizzle the mint chocolate over them and wait for it to set. Job done.
You can save this recipe or any recipe you ♥ to your Yummly collection. Scroll past the recipe box and you’ll see the button ↓
Keto Mint Chocolate Viscount Cookies
- pre-heat oven to 160°C static.
- tip content of MagiCake™ Mix bag into a bowl and stir thoroughly, then weigh 87g and return the excess to the dry mix pouch.
- dissolve food colouring into 20g hot water to obtain desired hue.
- melt butter until it becomes a thick cream, whisk in vanilla, coloured water and 1 tsp mint extract, then combine dry mix, without over-working the soft dough.
- divide dough and shape 8 balls between the palms of your hands.
- place over parchment paper and flatten to 1cm height.
- transfer to an oven rack and bake 15 minutes.
- remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- melt chocolate chips, stir in ¼ tsp mint extract and drizzle over cookies.
QueenKETO is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or ad will re-direct you to the Amazon site. For your purchases, I may receive a small fee, which helps buffer the cost of maintaining and improving this site, at no extra cost to you.