Low Carb Quick & Easy Spinach Tortilla Wraps are simply amazing.
Easy, quick and fail-proof. Plus just over 1g net carbs each. Keto life is gooood!
Keep stores of frozen spinach, ladies and gentlemen. I have no doubt whatsoever that you will make these over and over again. And again. And again. They are so simple, yummy and versatile that you will find a kazillion ways to enjoy them.
How about burritos? Or maybe enchiladas. You may prefer fajitas. Or quesadillas. Even tacos or taquitos. Multiple options. Infinite filling choices. Lunches. Dinners. Snacks. It just never ends!!!!
So now you’re thinking: “What’s wrong with your white lupin tortillas? Why change a good recipe?“
Well, this is a masterpiece. In my eyes at least. Just look at them! Who wants boring beige foods when you can feast on these beautiful, emerald green beauties?
And who wouldn’t want to add a healthy portion of high-fibre, low-carb spinach to their meal, without any effort whatsoever?
If you or your kids dislike vegetables (an alien concept to me, but hey, we all have different taste buds, I guess) this is a sure way to get them in. Plate up these vibrant tortillas and no-one will be able to resist them.
How to make my gorgeous Low Carb Quick & Easy Spinach Tortilla Wraps.
This is the best part. You don’t need to do anything with the spinach other than leave it out to defrost. Then you just throw all ingredients into a blender, whizz for a minute or two and your batter is ready.
The ingredients you need are: spinach, eggs, psyllium husk powder, guar gum and seasoning. You’ll be amazed at how little psyllium and guar gum is required. And no, you won’t taste either the eggs or the spinach.
The funny thing is that these wraps were a complete fluke. I was planning on cooking myself an omelette for dinner and decided to add spinach to it, to save me the bother of cooking a side of veggies. But once I defrosted the spinach, I realised it was quite coarse and full of fibrous stalks, so I blitzed it before adding it to my egg. For added good fibre, I always put a bit of psyllium in my ultra-thin omelettes, so in it went.
The result was so impressive that the tortilla idea came to me. It didn’t take long to perfect the ratios, and adding guar gum created the most perfect texture.
Let me tell you. These Low Carb Quick & Easy Spinach Tortilla Wraps are soft and elastic, so you can fill them with anything you want and they’ll roll up without breaking. You can use them straight out of the fridge. Alternatively, toast them, grill them or re-heat them on a griddle pan and they’ll crisp up nicely.
This is a truly first-rate recipe that never lets me down.
I hope you like it too. Enjoy!
- Yield: 2 wraps
- Serving: 1 wrap
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 7.5g
- Net Carbs: 1.2g
- Protein: 11.5g
- defrost spinach, then put it in your hand and squeeze repeatedly over the sink until no more water runs out.
- put the spinach and all other ingredients in your blender or nutribullet.
- stir with a fork, then whizz for a couple of minutes.
- smear a pancake pan or similar with a little extra virgin olive oil and set the heat to medium.
- once the pan reaches temperature, lower heat and spoon half of the egg mixture over the centre of the pan.
- using a spatula or back of a spoon, spread the mixture to make a tortilla shape - the mix will be gummy, just keep spreading until you have created an even, thin disc.
- leave to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges start to shrink away; check if cooked by lifting the edge: if it lifts easily, you can now flip your tortilla over and cook the other side.
- fill with anything you like and serve.
To make these tortilla crispy, simply re-heat them under a grill or in a halogen oven, or over a griddle pan for a few minutes.
I use THIS blender. U.S. equivalent HERE.
Metric kitchen scales are an inexpensive yet invaluable gadget to ensure accurate measurement of ingredients. Store them upright in a cupboard or over your worktop and they'll only take up a tiny bit of space. Click HERE for the ones I use. For U.S. option click HERE.