Keto Hemp Brownies with Nut.ella & Hazelnut Crumbs. NO flour. ZERO sugar. FREE of nasties. Just pure healthy goodness and only 1.3g carbs each!!!!
Do you remember the brownie recipe I published a few weeks ago? One of the best things I’d ever made and it mostly came out of a can. Yes. A can. I admit it. Here I am, always preaching about cooking whole food with wholesome ingredients and keeping away from lab-produced, manufactured foods. And then I go and create a recipe that involves a can of brownie ready-mix. Seriously embarrassing! But it turned out sooooo unbelievably good I HAD TO fess up and go public.
Everyone who tried the recipe went totally nuts about it. Sadly, Diabetic Kitchen – who supplied the brownie mix to me – don’t market in the UK. Or Europe for that matter. Consequently, when my non-U.S. keto friends realised they couldn’t get hold of the Gourmet Chocolate Brownie Mix, they became quite upset. Understandably.
Hence I promised everyone that I would try my very best at re-creating that moist, luscious, velvety, rich, impossibly good, brownie texture – without the can. And today is the debut day for my copycat recipe of my earlier recipe (…?!?)
100% Home-Made Keto Hemp Brownies with Nut.ella & Hazelnut Crumbs.
Not a can of brownie mix in sight. Usual keto-cupboard ingredients aside, you will need hemp seed hearts, hazelnuts, and some of my home made Nut.ella. There is nothing to stop you creating the brownies without topping them with Nut.ella and hazelnut crumbs, but you’d be missing out on a taste experience like no other. Making my Nut.ella is dead simple and quick. No cooking and no prepping is necessary. All you do is mix 3 ingredients and that’s it. But you must have the right ingredients or it won’t turn out smooth and creamy and mouthwatering as it should be.
Fancy a different topping? Go right ahead. I won’t be offended.
Getting hemp seed hearts may or may not be difficult for you, depending on where in the world you are. You do need them, though, as they are the key ingredient that adds softness and moistness to these brownies. Don’t worry about getting high on them. It just cannot happen as they contain only trace amounts of THC (the psychotropic stuff that cannabis smokers enjoy). You must buy hemp seed HEARTS, by the way. You do NOT want the hard shell that envelopes them. It is the tender, moist part of the seed that does the magic.
Here comes the recipe for Keto Hemp Brownies with Nut.ella & Hazelnut Crumbs.
Don’t feel bad, I won’t be offended if you’d rather stick with the Diabetic Kitchen Gourmet Chocolate Brownie Mix. It is pure heaven after all, and it contains ZERO nasty ingredients. Don’t forget to use my links and the code NEWFRIENDS at checkout to get 10% off your order.
- Yield: 16
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 18.5g
- Net Carbs: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.8g
- 100g Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% chocolate; click HERE for U.S. option
- 130g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla paste (U.S. option HERE) or extract (click HERE for U.S. option)
- 85g erythritol; U.S. option HERE.
- 2 tsp pure stevia powder; click HERE for U.S. option
- pinch of fine Himalayan pink salt; U.S. option HERE
- 25g unsweetened dark cocoa (sifted) for U.S. option click HERE
- 50g hemp seed hearts; U.S. option HERE
- 2 tsp baking powder (sifted)
- 50g roasted, coarsely crushed hazelnuts; click HERE for U.S. option
- 100g 3 Ingredients Keto Nut.ella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- pre-heat oven to 160C fan (180C static).
- line a 20cm x 20cm silicone mould (or similar) with parchment paper overhanging on all sides.
- whisk eggs, vanilla and sweeteners until pale and fluffy.
- melt chocolate and butter over very low heat or a bain-marie and combine with egg mixture.
- incorporate dry ingredients pour into your lined mould and bake for 15-18 mins (use toothpick test to make sure it is cooked through).
- let the brownie 'cake' cool completely while still in its mould, then refrigerate until set.
- lift it out and onto a serving dish, spread Nut.ella all over the top and refrigerate again for 1 hour.
- finally, sprinkle crushed hazelnuts all over and press down lightly with your palm, then cut into 16 squares and serve.
Metric kitchen scales are an inexpensive yet invaluable gadget to enable accurate measurement of ingredients. Store them upright in a cupboard or over your worktop and they'll only take up a tiny bit of space. Click HERE for the ones I use (UK Link). For U.S. option click HERE.
Enjoyed this post? I really value your feedback! Please leave me a comment. If you make this recipe, make my day and post a photo on social media with the hashtag #queenketo. Thank you! 🙂