Italian Style Tiramisú Truffle Fat Bombs: a sublime way to increase your fat macros.
Low Fat dieters: please look away now! This is definitely not the post for you.
Fat Bombs are a quintessential ketogenic snack. Perfect bite size morsels. Super high in fat and low in carbs. Easy to grab, straight from the fridge. They are generally simple to make and don’t usually require any baking. So it doesn’t come as a surprise that they are so popular in the keto world.
We’ve all been there. Our macros are not heading in the right direction. We need to adjust the fat-protein-carbs ratio. Other than drinking melted coconut oil, there is no better way to boost fat intake than to reach for a Fat Bomb. And if you’re a morning rush person who never has time for breakfast, what can be quicker than grabbing one on the move?
There are ALWAYS Fat Bombs in my fridge. With munch monster around, I have to make sure that something sweet is forever available, otherwise he gets grumpy and fidgety. Fat Bombs are just the ticket.
Italian Style Tiramisú Truffle Fat Bombs are the latest addition to my Fat Bombs collection. I love, love, love Tiramisú. These little cuties were long overdue.
I had to make 3 batches before I was happy with the flavour, sweetness and taste balance. I always find working with cacao a little tricky because it is so bitter. And unless I’m baking, getting the right amount of erythritol and stevia can also be a bit of guess work. But my latest effort was a resounding success. My Italian keto and non keto volunteers worked hard at taste testing and assessing my new Fat Bombs. The result was thumbs up all around.
Here is how you make Italian Style Tiramisú Truffle Fat Bombs in 4 simple steps.
First: make an espresso or strong coffee. Second: beat mascarpone to soften it. Third: to the softened mascarpone you add stevia, erythritol, almonds, coconut flour and coconut oil. You then refrigerate the mix for a couple of hours. Fourth and final step: you make little balls and coat them with cacao mixed with sweetener.
The verdict: these Italian Style Tiramisú Truffle Fat Bombs are wickedly indulgent. But that’s not all. Aside from satisfying your sweet tooth and giving you a fat blast, they will also give you a health boost. Check out these well written and highly informative articles: The Ultimate Guide to the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil and Everything You Need to Know about Almonds. As for coffee, in case you missed my Rocket Coffee post, there are an amazing 51 Scientific Reasons Coffee is Healthy.
After all this health information, I guess you can’t wait to make my Tiramisú sweet bites!
Here is the recipe. Enjoy it!
Like this recipe? You can add it to your BigOven favourites by clicking on the ♥ save button within the recipe box below.
- Servings: 14
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 7.5
- Net Carbs: 1.5
- Protein: 2g
- make espresso, add stevia and erythritol and stir until both have melted, reheating in microwave if necessary; set aside to cool then refrigerate.
- roast almonds for 5 minutes, let them cool, then put them in a zip lock bag and break them up using a meat hammer or similar.
- in a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone until soft, add coffee, coconut oil, coconut flour and almonds.
- mix well, then rest in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- remove from fridge, scoop some mix and form a ball by rolling it around between your palms (about the size of Ferrero Rocher).
- mix cacao powder with Sukrin icing sugar and coat each truffle (small serving tongs make the job easier and neater).
- transfer to a serving bowl or individual paper cups and store in the fridge in a sealed container.
Enjoyed this post? I value your feedback! Please leave me a comment. If you make this recipe, post a photo on social media with the hashtag #queenketo. Thank you! 🙂